Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Transformers Movie Review

I love the Transformers.

Optimus Prime is my favorite hero. Transformers are my favorite toys of all time. Transformers is my favorite cartoon of all time.

I love the Transformers.


So when I heard a live-action movie was coming out, I was cautiously optimistic. When I heard that Optimus Prime's paint job would be blue with red flames instead of solid red, and that it started Tyrese, I was despondent. I thought it was going to suck.

But then it was announced that Peter Cullen would reprive his role as the voice of Optimus Prime. And--as more and more trailers and commercials were released that looked good--my hopes were raised. I was once again cautiously optimistic.

Last night, I went to the first showing available of Transformers.

***

It was a very good movie; I'd give it four stars out of five. The Transformers were amazing. Simply amazing. They looked great, their personalities and voices all fit, and were very entertaining. The plot was good, and while it did slow down with some cutesy parts in the middle, kept you interested in spite of the long run time (144 minutes). The actors all did a good job, which surprised me since I liked pretty much none of the actors they hired.

Go see it. Michael Bay did a great job, and I can't wait for the sequal.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home