Monday, February 13, 2006

Coupla things...Links Edition!

* If you're not watching The Boondocks on Cartoon Networks's Adult Swim, well, you should be. Not only is it a stark and gritty social commentary about America, but it's frickin hillarious. And the Martial Arts in it are excellent, as well. :-)

* So apparently Eminem got married to that crazy ex-wife of his that the is always rapping about in his music. You know, the one he talks about how much he can't stand her, how crazy she is, and how she has tried to ruin his and their daughter's lives. And they got remmaried. WITHOUT A PRENUP.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have another winner of the "Itoldyouthatbitchcrazy" Awards. No, not Eminem's ex ex-wife...Eminem.

* So a recent medical study has shown that many of the NFL's "heavier" players are dying at an alarmingly high young rate. Now I find this shocking. You mean human beings don't naturally weigh 400 pounds when running around doing 2 a days in the summer?

Remind me to thanks Captain Obvious for letting us know about this one.

* This is a story of everything that is right and wrong with our economic system--specifically, the stock market.

So Google's stock price plummeted after it's 2005 earnings were released. Did they have a bad year, you might ask? Absolutely not, is the answer. They doubled their net income from 2004. Had a great year. But because idiot analysts set entirely unrealistic "goals" for the company--not the owners of Google, but analysts--the stock price dropped dramatically.

Let's not listen to the guys who run this popular and profitable business. Obviously they have no idea what they're doing. Let's listen to some whacked out analysts. Oh yeah. Good plan.

* I couldn't agree more. :-)

* I'm sorry, but if I worked in the post office, there is no way I would not take my gun to work. And I don't mean "I'd take it and leave it in my car", or even "I'd lock it in a drawer in my desk", I mean I'd have it on my person, locked, cocked, and ready to rock at all times. Hell, I might not ever go into the Post Office as a customer ever again unarmed.

* Here's my lineups to the NBA All Star Game.
West: Steve Nash^, Kobe Bryant^, Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Dirk Nowitzki^, Tim Duncan^, Shawn Marion, Elton Brand, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Garnett, Marcus Camby^, Pau Gasol.

East: Allen Iverson^, Dwayne Wade^, Chauncey Billups, Richard Hamilton, Gilbert Arenas, Lebron James^, Paul Pierce^, Vince Carter, Michael Redd, Rasheed Wallace, Shaq^, Chris Bosh.

^ denotes he would be my starter. Sorry TMac, you were injured too much this year. Yao is having a decent season, but decent + horrible team does not get you on the All Star team. Same with Ray Allen. And TD...thank me for starting you, I think Brand deserves the start over you this year, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home