Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Uh oh.

First, I saw this.

Wow. I mean, I can somewhat understand. You become Mace Windu--perhaps the most powerful Jedi swordsman who ever lived--in what was apparently a lifelong dream (Jackson called George Lucas and BEGGED him to be a part of Star Wars; Windu's character was created specifically for him and his interest in the movie). So you're leaving Star Wars, you now have some cool swordplay skills, and you think you're a Bad Ass Mother Fucker.

But Afrosamurai?

I've never seen it...but it is called AFROSAMURAI. Does anyone think anything with that bad of a name could be any good?


Then, possibly even worse, I saw this.

Now, I'm a big Highlander fan. The TV show was great, the first three movies were good (sure, they have the worst plot continuity of any movie series ever, but it's all good fun). However, the fourth movie (Highlander: Endgame) was possibly the worst movie ever made. Definitely top five. You had to see it to realize how bad it was.

Now I see that they are not only making another movie after that absolutely horrible piece of cinema that completely ruined the franchise, but I see that they are going with the plot of the second movie, in which they left the simple formula of immortals on Earth and tried to say they were aliens from the planet Zoust (most Highlander fans just pretend like the whole "they're really aliens banished to Earth" thing never happened).

In other words, I don't have any hope that this movie will be any better.

And yes, I'm a huge fricking nerd.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bo said...

Worst movie ever? Thats easy. It was a midnight showing of "Vampires" that you dragged me to.

Do I seem a little bitter?

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no no Bo... worst movie ever, Wishmaster at the dollar theatre in Stillwater next to Pizza Shuttle. AWFUL

5:59 PM  
Blogger Michael Pondrom said...

Wishmaster was much worse Bo, though Vampires was horribly bad.

Michael

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home