Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Heroes: 41 to 32

So it will come as no surprise to most that I keep a list of my personal favorite heroes.

I showed this list--ranked in alphabetical order--and he asked me if it was in order of importance. Well, I took that as a challenge, and organized my top 40 heroes. So yes, now I will beat you down with said list.

Note: this is not a list of most powerful heroes, or greatest heroes, or a ranking of who could beat who. These are just my personal favorite heroes. Enjoy!

41. Ermac (Mortal Kombat video game series): Red-robed ninja, created from the souls of dead warriors. Martial arts master and telekenetic. Fights to protect Earth from various evil gods.

40. Prowl (Transformers): Pictured top left, along with Jazz and Mirage, Prowl is the second in command of the Autobots, and is one of the greatest tacticians ever. He is incredibly accurate shot, and an excellent hand to hand combatant as well. Can transform into a police car.
39. Mack the Knife (Captain Commando arcade game): A Mummy commando armed with two Knives and a do rag. I don't know why, but I always loved this guy.
38. Inuyasha (Inuyasha anime series): Definitely not your typical hero, Inuyasha is a half human/half demon searching for the shards of the legendary Shikon jewel. He carries the powerful sword Tetsyga (originally made from one of his father's--one of the most powerful, but good, demons ever--fangs), and has several different abilities.
37. Hercules (Greek mythology): The bastard son of the god of gods, Zeus, Hercules was the most powerful man to ever live. Famous for the Ten Labors of Hercules.
36. Thrall (Warcraft PC game series): Thrall was a young orc slave raised by humans in the land of Azeroth. He eventually rose to become Warchief of the Orc Horde, and brought honor to his people and peace with the humans.

35. Nicol Bolas (Elder Dragon Legend from Magic: The Gathering card series): An incredibly powerful Magic card with a really cool picture, I've always wanted to know more about the storyline of the Elder Dragon Legends (they came about before I started playing Magic).
34. Gimli son of Gloin (Lord of the Rings): Gimli was the dwarven representative of the Fellowship of The Ring. A powerful warrior, Gimli was deadly with his battle axe and dwarven strength. His father, Gloin, was one of the 13 dwarves who went with Thorin Oakenshield to retake the Lonely Mountain from Smaug, which led to Bilbo Baggins finding The One Ring.
33. Smoke (Mortal Kombat video game series): Seen as both a grey-clad Ninja and a greyish Robot, Smoke was Sub-Zero's best friend in the cadre of Assassins known as the Lin Kuei. Smoke wore a grey uniform and smoked--literally. He had the ability to turn invisible and teleport. Unfortunately, Smoke was captured by the Lin Kuei and turned into a cyborg. He has been the pawn of several different evildoers ever since.
32. Goliath (Gargoyles cartoon): Goliath is the leader of the last Gargoyles clan. Stone by day, living creatures by night, they are guardians of modern day Manhattan, as they know live there thanks to a spell.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Bo said...

No real heroes?

7:40 AM  
Blogger Michael Pondrom said...

Nope, just the fake kind. To be honest, I don't have many real heroes. There are many people who influenced my life and I admire and respect, but I wouldn't call them "heroes". The closest would probably be my father, but I consider him "my father", not "my hero".

Michael

9:59 AM  
Blogger Michael Pondrom said...

Wow, I just realized I made a terrible mistake, and left one of the greatest heroes off the list. I won't tell you who, but I'm going to go back and knock everyone down one off of Tuesday's post. If you didn't read it yesterday, don't worry. From this point on (Wednesday), the rankings are correct as you see them.

Michael

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really appreciate that Mike has chosen to put a very diverse group of superheros on his blog; however, as an African-American I am troubled that Mike has forgotten the greatest of all the black heros.....Spawn. I though I knew you. Jerk!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, you're a Jerk!!!

Love Mashard

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home