Monday, August 15, 2005

Fireside Chat

Oh, hi. I didn't notice you come in. I was just sitting here, enjoying a good book and some hot chocolate by a pleasant fireplace fire. Of course, I'm sitting in a red formal chair that is on a bearskin rug. It's a cold winter's night outside. Anyway, please, sit down, relax, and let's have a chat about the site. Would you like a steaming cup of hot chocolate?

So, a couple of changes to the site. First of all, I've added a new link and removed an old one. The Book of Ratings has not been updated in over a year, so it's out. I found a hilarious new online comic the other day, Ctrl+Alt+Del. Yes, it's another gaming comic, so if that doesn't do anything for you, don't go. But it is greatness...almost as good as the PA.

I guess it's going to be Seinfeld week here at PJ's Place. Why, do you ask? I have no idea. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

I'm also going to start experimenting with pictures. I've seen some cool things done with photos on other blogs, and I'd like to start using some on my own. Hopefully, Barry will send me some of his art like I asked him to so I can post a lot of it here. Thus you'll probably start seeing some posts with random pictures every once in a while.

First, we'll go with a pic of me, in case there is anyone who doesn't know me who reads this, which I doubt. I like this picture; I'd entered my first chili cookoff this past year at my place of employment, and a photographer for the company newspaper snapped this photo of me serving some of my chili to my good buddy Nirupa. I like this pic for two reasons: 1) I can't smile for pictures, I'm a horrible picture taker, but I actually do have a decent smile in this one, and--most importantly--2) I love the fact that I'm serving chili to Nirupa, my Hindu Vegetarian buddy (and no, it's not Vegetarian chili). She'll be reincarnated as a cow for this one, I'm sure.



So that's that. Next, to try to prove to you all that I do, in fact, have some culture, I'll put my favorite work of classic art up here. Monet's Lily Pond has been my favorite work of art since my senior year in high school, when my Calculus teacher had it hung up in her classroom.



And, finally, I have to show my true colors. Lots of ways I can take this...I think I'll go with this, since I just mentioned Ctrl+Alt+Del earlier. Here's some art by Tim Buckley, which you can find by clicking on his site. It's a Sith conceptual drawing he did for Jedi Knights II.



Hopefully Barry will send me his stuff soon...I like Tim, but he's not near as good as Barry is.

Like I said, I want to play with this awhile, so more will come later. Enjoy that hot chocolate!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Pondrom said...

He gave me some of his stuff...I'm not feeling well so I don't think I'll get it up today, but I'll get it up tomorrow for sure.

Michael

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home