Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Halo 2 Update

So the new Halo update came out last night. Here's my thoughts...

* Plasma Rifle/SMG combo downgraded: This was a very subtle change, but I'm okay with it. It is barely noticeable...I was close to a guy at one point, and he was able to leap forward and beat me down. That's exactly what the designers were going for, but like I said, it only happened once, so it's fairly minor. Even though it's a downgrade to my favorite combo, I think it's okay.

* Grenades upgraded: Thank you thank you thank you. I've been saying the grenade damage--especially the frag--was laughably bad. They actually hurt people now, which is nice.

* Melee attack upgraded: Again, thank you thank you thank you. If you get close enough to a guy with two guns, your melee attack shouldn't be penalized. They finally made it to where you can actually kill a guy with a couple melee hits. Very nice upgrade.

Magnums: Didn't use them, can't tell. Didn't really notice anyone else using them.

Cheats: We'll see if they're really gone. No one cheated last night, but I rarely play BTB, so that could be why.

In other words, good job Bungie. You made the right changes, and we're proud of you. Looking forward to the (free) maps.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I'm excited to try it out. :)

--CM

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home